Benefits of the Red Deer Arts Council
The Red Deer Arts Council is a leader in a dynamic community that celebrates and supports the arts. We offer a variety of programs and services including:
- The Kiwanis Gallery at the Red Deer Public Library which gives Alberta artists an opportunity to highlight their work;
- Education and workshops for artists, often in collaboration with member organizations like the Red Deer Museum & Art Gallery;
- Creative Community networking events and social activities that provide opportunities for artists to connect;
- Scholarships and Awards - We offer and adjudicate several scholarships for artists;
- Advocacy for artists with local and provincial governments;
- Promotion to increase awareness of the arts community in Red Deer;
- A major partner of Alberta Culture Days, a celebration of Arts and Culture in Red Deer held at the end of September.
- The 'Open Studio Tour' welcomes the public into the artists' creative process with visits to artists' studios around Central Alberta Partnership with five other organizations to host Friday Family Dances at Festival Hall.
- Literary, Performing and Visual Arts and Culture committees, with audience development and the Guitarz for Kidz program committee as well!
- Opportunities to be highlighted in the monthly Red Deer Arts Council Newsletter featured as part of Red Deer SCENE Magazine to create awareness in the broader community, also emailed directly to members!
- Member listing featured in our website's Arts Directory, including images and links to websites and social media;
- Weekly emails sharing arts and culture events in Red Deer including classes and workshops, calls for entry, job postings, concerts, theatre & dance performances, art openings, and community-related news;
- Opportunities to participate in Arts Council committees or sit on our board of directors - fundraising, programming, communications, etc.
- Special member rates for Arts Council-planned workshops;
- The opportunity to rent out the Arts Council stall at the Red Deer Public Market to promote your summertime events;
- Promotional materials and artworks displayed in the Arts Council office;
- Calls for submission for exhibits, performance and literary opportunities where applicable; including our annual visual art members' exhibition
- An active voice in your community advocating for things like fair compensation for artists' creative work with industry, government & stakeholders, with strong connections to Tourism Red Deer, the City of Red Deer - Culture Services and the Downtown Business Association;
- Volunteer opportunities with like-minded individuals and other networking gatherings to foster collaboration and creation
- Assistance for emerging artists to develop their portfolios, artist statements and proposals as they establish careers in the arts
- Offering member referrals and faciliating cooperative collaborations with other community and culture organizations