Benefits of the Red Deer Arts Council
The Red Deer Arts Council builds and strengthens our community through arts and culture. We offer a variety of programs and services including:
- The Kiwanis Gallery at the Red Deer Public Library which gives Alberta artists an opportunity to highlight their work.
- Art Speaks Learning Series, education, and workshops for artists, often in collaboration with member organizations like the Red Deer Museum & Art Gallery.
- Creative Community networking events and social activities that provide opportunities for artists to mingle, connect, and collaborate.
- Scholarships and Awards - we offer and adjudicate several awards for both student and practicising artists to continue their development.
- Advocacy for artists with local and provincial governments, providing networks and connections beyond Central Alberta.
- Promotion of artists, arts activities and cultural events to increase awareness of the creative community in Red Deer.
- A major partner in Red Deer's Alberta Culture Days celebrations held during the month of September.
- The Open Studio Tour welcomes the public into visual artists' creative process with visits to their studios around Central Alberta.
- Partnership with five other community organizations to host Friday Family Dances at Festival Hall.
- Literary, Performing, Visual Arts and Culture committees, with audience development and the Guitarz for Kidz program committee as well!
- Be highlighted in the monthly Red Deer Arts Council Newsletter featured as part of Red Deer SCENE Magazine to create awareness in the broader arts community!
- Member listing featured on our website's Arts Directory, including images and links to websites and social media;
- Weekly emails sharing arts and culture events in Red Deer including classes and workshops, calls for entry, job postings, concerts, theatre & dance performances, art openings, and community-related news;
- Volunteer opportunities to contribute to Arts Council committees or sit on our board of directors - fundraising, programming, communications, etc.
- Special member pricing for Arts Council-planned workshops;
- The opportunity to rent out the Arts Council stall at the Red Deer Public Market to promote your summertime events;
- Promotional materials and artworks displayed in the Arts Council office;
- Calls for submission for visual arts exhibits, performance, and literary opportunities where applicable; including our annual visual art members' exhibition
- An active voice in your community advocating for things like fair compensation for artists' creative work with industry, government & stakeholders,
- Strong connections to Tourism Red Deer, The City of Red Deer Arts & Culture Services and the Downtown Business Association;
- Volunteer opportunities with like-minded individuals and other networking gatherings to foster collaboration and creation;
- Assistance for emerging artists to develop their portfolios, artist statements and proposals as they establish careers in the arts;
- Connecting artists to foster cooperative collaborations with other community members and culture organizations.